Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Megan Forehand


Since we're allotted one blog post to write about a local or commercial photographer, I thought I'd use this one to showcase my friend Megan Forehand. Megan graduated recently from UA with a Bachelors in Studio Art and since then has created a thriving portraiture business in Tuscaloosa.

Although her work can be categorized as commercial photography, Forehand has extensively studied fine art photography through her time her at UA, giving her exceptional knowledge of lighting, angles, photoshop, etc., and allowing her work to stand out amongst other local photographers. Her portfolio consists of weddings, babies, dancers, headshots, you name it; whatever the subject matter the model will always look spectacular and interesting. I feel that it's her knowledge of fine art photography that gives her an edge over other competetors.

What I have also always found interesting about Forehand is her drive and determination. She starting taking photo classes about 2 1/2 years ago, around the same time I did, and within a year began creating her own business. She is a photographer who truly loves taking pictures and shares her love for photography with her clients by making them look good and producing images for them that they will cherish forever.

Her website is http://www.meganforehandphoto.com/index2.php?v=v1

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I am very impressed with her work. I think it's fascinating that she is a local photographer here in Tuscaloosa. I love how her photographs capture elation in special moments in people's lives. She captures pure quality photographs and adds specific touches to the photograph that brings out the main focus of her subjects. The focus angle of her subjects are projected in a fun way that brings life to the picture. My favorite subject of hers are the brides. There not you're traditional bridal photographs produced by most photographers, and that is one element that I think makes her stand out amongst the other local photographers.

    ReplyDelete